Konica Pop: Morning at the London Eye

I've always considered the London Eye a mere tourist attraction and no one could ever convince me to waste £25 on a ride on thte tallest ferris wheel et cetera et cetera...
On my last trip to London, though, M. insisted on two things I regarded as time-wasting-attractions: the London Eye and Tower Bridge.
I eventually had to change my mind on the latter, while I'm still pissed about wasting half a day of my life on a giant steely helm.


It was April 17th, it was crowded as hell because of the London Marathon [I'm no sporty spice so I was just annoyed by the people everywhere and the tube stations all shut down]. It took us ages to get from Westminster to the Jubilee Gardens. We got there around lunchtime, it was so hot and we were so hungry. Hot dog time again. We had lunch in the park near the Eye. I refused to take a direct picture of it. But it was so sunny and M's shades reflected the light so beautifully that I couldn't resist taking some pictures as cliché as they could be. Shades picture.


I feel guilty about these shots. This one's the last, I promise.


Then it was self-portrait's time. I'm the one on the left. And I know I look super horrible, whatever.


The lovely weather, the weird people everywhere, the joyful kids and the yummi hot dog made it a little easier to bear the presence of such obscenities as these below.


The afternoon was better on the photographic side, but i much worse on the bleeding-feet side. Shame on you, Transports of London!

Sidsel T.

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

3 comments:

  1. hi. thank you for reading and telling me nice things. seems like your having a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no proble, maja, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete